Olympus has fallen is not an addition to the Clash of the Titans/ Wrath of the Titans movies nor is it in any way linked to Greek mythology. That’s what I thought it was when I heard the name at first so I thought I’d just clear that up with anyone else who had a similar train of thought. In a nutshell, this movie is about a terrorist attack on the White House and the fate of the United States falls on the shoulders of  a former secret service bodyguard Mike Banning (Gerald Butler).





Watch the Official Trailer HERE


Rating: R (adult language, violence)
Genre: Action/Thriller
TriniStarGirl Rating: ♥♥♥♥ (3/5)
Cast: Top cast members include Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman, Diane Lane and Angela Bassett.

I have to say that this wasn’t a very original movie plot and the outcome was a bit predictable however, it was action packed and Gerald Butler did an excellent job playing a secret service agent. If you like action packed movies you’ll definitely enjoy this flick, and ladies Gerald Butler is in the movie…need I say more?
There were a lot of elements that didn’t make sense and were almost unbelievable. I don’t want to give any spoilers but if you do watch the movie, you’ll understand what I mean. I thought the acting was pretty good and I think it’s  a perfect date movie or DVD rental. There were one or two F bombs in the movie so I wouldn’t say this was a family film. Overall a good action movie, believable cast and it kept my interest throughout.