Wednesday 2 July 2014

Review: Lush Cosmetics Mask of Magnanimity

I can't believe it's already July! In any case, Happy July ladies! I wanted to share with you my experience with the infamous Mask of Magnanimity (yup it's a mouthful) by Lush Cosmetics. I had seen a lot of reviews in the beauty world online and since I have been suffering with breakouts the past couple of months I decided to give it a try.





Firstly, if you've never heard of Lush Cosmetics, here's a little background info.

"We Believe

...in making effective products from fresh organic* fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.

We believe in buying ingredients only from companies that do not conduct or commission tests on animals and in testing our products on humans.

We invent our own products and fragrances. We make them fresh* by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients and tell you when they were made.

We believe in happy people making happy soap, putting our faces on our products and making our mums proud.

We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again.

We believe our products are good value, that we should make a profit and that the customer is always right.

*We also believe words like “fresh” and “organic” have an honest meaning beyond marketing."


If you would like to find out more about the company check out their website HERE

Now onto the Mask, according to their website, this is a description of the product and it's intended benefits:

"Makes dirt a distant memory

Mask of Magnaminty isn’t technically a daily ‘facial wash’; it’s actually a deep cleansing face and back mask. China clay and fresh peppermint reach deep down to pull the debris from your pores, giving you that delightful tingly-clean sensation. We add loads of aduki beans to exfoliate flaky or dry skin, vanilla absolute to calm redness and honey to soothe. Our inventors created Mask of Magnaminty to be the ‘ultimate face mask’, intense but not harsh or abrasive on the skin. We recommend using Mask of Magnaminty weekly to keep the skin in good condition."

Ingredients:

Bentonite Gel , Kaolin , Honey (Mel) , Talc , Ground Aduki Beans (Phaseolus) , Glycerine , Evening Primrose Seeds (Oenothera biennis) , Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) , African Marigold Oil (Tagetes erecta) , Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia) , *Limonene , Fragrance , Methylparaben , Chlorophyllin

The mask has a strong smell of peppermint and a clay like consistency. It has beads in it for exfoliation and is a green color.

Please note that they do warn that people with an allergy to peppermint should avoid the product. 

Pricing: The small jar (which is the one that I purchased) costs $12.95 and the large jar costs $24.95.

I opted for the smaller jar since it expires in September 2014 (listed in the jar itself) as the product contains no preservatives. You can also return 5 jars and get one fresh mask from Lush for free!

Final Thoughts: Although it is a bit pricey for a mask, I find myself wanting to use more "natural" products on my skin and instead of buying 5 cheaper masks at the drugstore, I could buy one that would work. You can also use it on your back if you have breakouts in that area as well. 


The product dries to a clay consistency on your face and has a peppermint scent. After washing it off I could clearly see a reduction in the size of my blemishes and it also reduced the redness in those areas. My skin felt silky smooth, literally ladies. It did dry out my otherwise oily skin a bit as most clay masks will do, so make sure you apply a moisturizer afterwards. 

I honestly loved it, and I intend on using it specifically on my blemishes for the next few days to see if it can make them disappear. I would highly recommend this product and if you've used this mask please comment below and let me know your thoughts!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here!