Tuesday 1 April 2014

5 MAKEUP PRODUCT DUPES

HEY there! Today I thought I would bring to your attention cheaper alternatives to a few higher end makeup products. These cheaper alternatives are commonly referred to as “dupes” in the makeup world. I own a few of these products myself and honestly, some are IDENTICAL and half or even a quarter of the price. My makeup collection has a mix of higher end and lower end products, but who doesn’t love finding a steal without giving up quality?

Let’s take a look shall we?
MILANI Baked Blush “Luminoso”  vs NARS Blush”Orgasm”




MILANI has a line of gorgeoussssss baked blushes (which I will be featuring in my May Favorites Video uploading tonight on YouTube!). These blushes are really inexpensive (around $10 USD/ $60 TTD each)  and come in a variety of colors. I received a NARS blush in “Orgasm” as a gift and I have to say it was one of my favorites. However, the Milani baked blush in “lumineso” is almost identical for a fraction of the cost!



Revlon “Really Red”/Wet & Wild “Stoplight Red”/NYX “Snow White”  vs MAC “Ruby Woo”


So as you can tell, this coveted MAC red lipstick, which is also referred to as MAC’s “Signature red lipstick” can be found in your drugstore for less than a quarter of the price. I’ve listed a few dupes here but apparently there are a few more. So if you’re looking for a gorgeous red lip ladies, check out your drugstore before you head to the MAC counter.

Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner “Black” vs MAC FluidLine “Blacktrack”


I wish someone would have filled me in on this little secret before I invested in MAC’s fluidline a few months ago!! I am a big fan of gel liner, and I’ve recently stumbled upon a dupe for my holy grail gel liner, Maybelline’s eye studio gel liner. The liner even comes with a brush, just to make it easier for you!

Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighting Concealer vs YSl Eclat Touche


If you’ve seen my YouTube Videos you would notice that I use the Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighter pretty often, especially for a night out. It allows you to not only conceal dark circles, but also highlight your face. The YSL version is a whopping $40USD whereas the Maybelline version is a mere $8 USD/$60 TTD!

Maybelline “The Falsies” Volum’ Express Mascara vs Lancome “Hypnose” Mascara



A few years ago, I decided to spend $30 USD on Dior Show mascara and when I realized it was almost the same as my L’oreal mascara, I wanted to hit myself over the head for being so stupid. Since then I’ve been a strong supporter of drugstore mascara and considering that you have to change your mascara every 3 months (which I hope you ladies are doing), it makes sense to invest in cheaper brands since you need to re purchase so often.
Kim Kardashian mentioned her love for Lancome’s Hypnose, but if you want to get gorgeous lashes without the big price tag, check out Maybelline or even L’oreal for inexpensive alternatives.
 Did you guys like this post? Have you tried any of these products or know of any other makeup dupes? Make sure you Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment here!